Translate

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Aggressive Advertising

That is what got shoved right in my face when I went onto a news site. I am over it. I have had enough of loud, blaring adverts on the Net which come out of nowhere and I am over in your face ones. Ones which totally block the screen and what I am doing. Ones which interrupt the cognitive flow and generally assume this is the way to conduct business. I have had enough of this, telemarketers, door knockers, people at the shops getting in my face. Aggressive advertising is the biggest turn off but it is so unnecessary. As far as Net use is concerned , then I have to pay quite a bit for monthly access so I don't actually want advertisers telling me how to spend my time on the Net or telling me that their message is far more important than my work or activities. I'll go along with this:

That's the background of the site and even that is totally over the top and you can just see from the image how the ad dominates the whole picture, but I can at least see what I am doing and I can navigate the site.But the advert is aggressive, bullying and threatening in its tone. I don't like it and I am not going to put up with it. There are plenty of other ways to get the message across and a lot of advertisers use those other ways and they are both tolerable and acceptable. Respect and consideration are what I need...besides, I have private health cover. So what?!

No comments: