Translate

Monday, April 19, 2010

MasterChef

Thousands of applicants have been whittled down to 50 hopefuls, with 10 South Aussies lining up behind the stoves - four more than last year.

Most people were addicted to this programme last year and loved the contestants,  the format and the whole journey. It encouraged people to get into cooking and choosing food for dinner and the enthusiasm was amazing. I watched some of the episodes and thought the challenges were really tough. I was impressed with how the contestants handled their challenges and I liked all the information from the food experts. It avoided, for the most part, the tough talk and put downs which tend to be part of reality TV. From that point of view I thought the appraisals were pretty honest without being unduly unkind. Respect for others is important in my book.There was quite a good sense of humour going too. All in all it made viewers very involved so it is nice to know we have 10 South Australians in this new series and I am sure they will be followed and supported by our state. A lot of people can't wait for the new series to start , so let's get going!

No comments: