Translate

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Hot, hot, hot!

Adelaide is bracing for a few days of 40 plus. It is summer and has been heating up. We are intolerant of firebugs. No time for them at all. We don't seem to be minding the heat. It's Adelaide...gets bloomin' hot in the summer. We are ready with salad, fruit, fruit juice, cool drinks, ice cream, yoghurt and gelati. If nothing else we shall look fighting fit and mighty healthy because we tend to eat well in the heat and the fresh fruit and veg do us the world of good. We'll veg out with DVDs, books, the internet. We'll go off tot he beach. Some will be at the Schuetzenfest this weekend and the heat and alcohol may not be a good mix. It will be extreme heat and that tends to make the alcohol go to your head very quickly. Hopefully  people will think or town will be a bit mad later on. I like the heat. I wait all year for this. I get fed up freezing , locking up my house and piling clothes on. No, I don't go out in the extreme heat...but I can be up and out early and around later on when the sun has gone down. I can visit and have visitors so it tends to be very coaiable for me. In the cold I just want to huddle up!

No comments: