Translate

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Windows 7

I continue to be impressed. I am even using the Paint programme which comes with it. I don't need a fancy Adobe Photoshop but I know people who do and what they can do with Adobe is awe inspiring. Me, I just do very simple images and have a couple of programmes which will fancy them up a bit that I got with my camera, but basically I just like it simple! The Paint which comes with Windows 7 is very similar in look to the Office 7 stuff and so is very nice to deal with. The other thing Windows 7 did was just load my printer. I needed to print the rellie letter and then I realised I hadn't loaded my printer software on this new desktop...so I was searching and unlike me the software wasn't where it should be. So I though I'd try and download it off the Net. I turned on the printer and Windows 7 just installed it and it worked! Just like that. I like the taskbar set up and things just get done on Windows 7 without all the ususal tripe you get with Microsoft. It certainly has made my desktop run more smoothly and faster. Can't say the same of the laptop which is the same brand. The laptop doesn't really run any better and I am still miffed I was told  Windows 7 would free up another gigabyte of ram on it and it hasn't. That aside, I'd say I have all the benefits of Windows with the ease Of Apple without the juvenile Apple approach. Windows 7 is more mature in its approach...oh , and it runs as quietly and as fuss-free as Ubuntu.

No comments: