Translate

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Grumpy Bums


Went shopping early this morning to forage for today's recipes and to post the rellie packages. Gotta love the rellies. They send me parcels marked Royal Mail. Love it! I was in the post office and that particular post office is always bright and friendly and very hepful...well, all the others were their ususal cheerful selves and I got stuck with straight faced minimalist who couldn't even give me eye contact. Undeterred I carried on, survived the taciturn woman at the check out...all this at 8.30 to 9.30 but the prize for the po face of the day is the supervisor in a shop I went into to get Christmas bits and pieces...tea towels, little Christmas mat...I was so happy. The girl at the counter was lovely. Very happy and friendly. Then she had no change. So she called the supervisor. They opened at 8.30 and in half an hour the change drawer had no change. So we waited. I could see the girl ask another girl if the supervisor was coming. I could see her work out whether she should call her again because we waited and waited. She called again. Grumpy bum eventually arrived in a flurry of histrionic sighs and huffs and puffs. "Are you sure that's all you need? Do you need anything else?" she barked curtly at the sales assistant. Lousy ad for the shop and such a lack of supervisor skills. She needs to get another job if she is so hard done by DOING HER JOB and having to put up with such inconveniences as customers and sales assistants at the beginning of the day. Full on  meanie who needs lessons in supervisor grace and charm.

No comments: