Translate

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Aceh

It doesn't seem 5 years since the tsunami hit all those places and Aceh is one which really sticks in my heart and emotions. It was just so devastated and then there was the haunting pphotos of all but the mosque being destroyed. So when I read this BBC article I was really pleased to hear there has been progress in those 5 years and that the people have been able to find themselves a home again. I do not suppose the wounds have healed  at all because so many people died and so many families were devastated along with the homes .I doubt everyone is doing okay...but it pays to focus on these things once in a while to remind ourselves we cared an awful lot at the time and we would want to know that these areas are coming back to a happier phase in their history. I'd like to think there would be some really good news now that we could celebrate as a world.

No comments: