Translate

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Vista et al

I am tired of Vista and the interminable updates and restarts...sometimes my computer is banged shut and started again while I am in the middle of something. Rude. Just rude. There is a lot of talk about the new release of Windows 7, how cool it is, then someone was saying it's like a Mac OS. Oh?! Microsoft   seems to have been tromping through Open Source at the moment. Microsoft seems to see things as a threat and then will absorb the best of if it can. It's a silly way to go about things..but they're rich and I am not. Unfortunately if they go the way of GMH, no one will be sorry to see them fall because they have been so mean. It's ridiculous in a way. They have revolutionised the world and people say they just stole Apple ideas...but Apple didn't make them household names. Apple didn't get the market and get computers into everyone's home. But Apple has learned and has come a long way into the market with its portable devices...except, no show on the Net Books from Apple. Why? No show from Linux either really. Microsoft is getting Netbooks into our lives and showing us we can. That has always been the strength of Microsoft. I remember getting my 406 and sitting there in awe of the swish graphics, the cool sound and the possibilities I was being shown by my demo disk. Vista has been good to me except for these damn downloads and pushy restarts and it is that aspect of Microsoft which is starting to rear its ugly head...and that's insecurity. If they came to work and looked at people trying to use MacBooks , they'd laugh. MacBooks are just so nice and easy to use and they just do things and they can be very helpful for new users...but most people are baffled. Some think the websites are only accessible IN the Apple and others think they are only accessible IN the XP desktop. This is what all OS developers are dealing with. People are used to Windows. They'll migrate to the new OS but if it  is like Apple it is going to be hilarious.Most people didn't even know how to get an anti virus programme onto their MacBook. God gave us Google. I love Google. The OS choices we have are good. It would seem Apple apps are more suitable for portable devices and they are...just so easy. Linux is good if you want straight forward and light. You do not drag a whole heap of net and file stuff around with you. I love Ubuntu. It doesn't worry me that real Linux users think I am not Linux enough to use anything other than Ubuntu. I  would use it all the time but I have to confess that the OS choices we have suit different personalities . Most people like all the choices of Windows. They like the customizations and the huge range of apps. Some people like slick and that is Apple and some like pleasant and tranquil and that is Ubuntu. I'd like to see Linux and Apple get into the NetBook market and I'd like to see Microsoft settle down and stop this nonsense of stifling diversity. Fear is a terrible thing. Does your head in.

No comments: