Translate

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Jurassic Park author Michael Crichton dies of cancer | The Australian

"Crichton, the author of more than a dozen bestselling novels and creator of the medical drama series ER, died unexpectedly in Los Angeles, his family said."
I am very sorry to hear this because Michael Crichton was a great story teller with a profound impact. The Andromeda Strain was ground breaking and brilliant. Some of the episodes of ER really made your head hurt with thinking and involved you in a deep emotional way. I can't say I was ever a fan of Jurassic Park...but nevertheless  that captured everyone's imaginations. He was a writer of classics and his capacity to influence humanity will certainly become clear over the course of time. I am also sorry he battled cancer without making it public...but I can see that being his style. He'd find other human issues far more important and compelling than his own private battle with cancer. A sad loss to us all.

No comments: