Translate

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pet Language Peeves

LONDON - NOVEMBER 21:  Britain's Prime Ministe...Image by Getty Images via Daylife

Things go in and out of style in language but our national pet language peeve is "at the end of the day". Considering everyone says it , I am surprised. We also keep saying "bottom line" but my personal pet hate is "I can hear what you are saying". That one makes me so cross. It's incredibly patronising. I also hate it when I get "Can you clarify..." and they repeat a word or phrase I have just used. Normal people just keep the conversation going so that they understand what you mean or they show they have understood what you have said.I hate having to constantly explain myself and it is such a relief when I can just speak normally with someone. My other hate is when you get called girls and you are a group of women.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: